Saturday, July 28, 2007

There is no you there is only

So I was just reading KBK's journal thingy and was thinking I ought to be reading more, and I ought to have a recommended reading list. Here is what I'd like to be reading right now:

The Chronicles of Narnia--recapture the magic of childhood, of first love (God), and of believing again.

Julie Orringer's short story collection--beauty. I want to write like her.

Lori Moore--Hillarious.

Bret Ellis--he actually knows how to take words and construct a world out of them. How can I do that? It's so drawing though that you ought to be reading another book alongside his just to temper the crazy drugssex lifestyle it tells.

Hmm what else should I be reading? Probably texts for school.

I wonder about that, about school. There's a part of me who just wants to leave everything, just pack up and go far far away from all of this and all of you and just live out in the woods somewhere learning about God... learning about myself. I don't know. I don't know what's holding me back, if it's just myself, or if it's the fact that cold and dark do not please me.

No comments: